Politics & Government

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Serving Jury Duty in Nebraska?

I'm 19 weeks pregnant and received forms to be present for jury duty. However my uncle is a police officer and I support the officers so would I still have to go even though I will automatically be against the defendant? And I am also involved in another case where I'm prosecuting someone else in the same court house, just different dates and the cases do not involve each other. Thank for any input!



Call the Clerk of the Court and explain the situation. I doubt they would immediately disallow you, but you can check. Have you been called to jury duty or are you just filling out the form we receive as eligible candidates to fill out our personal information?





I personally receive the forms every year, but I am immediately withdrawn from the pool as I am involved in law enforcement. The defense doesn't ever want me on a jury because of what I do for a living.





Best answer. Fill out the form and return it and call the Clerk of the Court immediately come Monday.




I don't see how one case has to do with another.It is your civic duty to report.




You need to go and tell what you said here.*

No comments:

Post a Comment