Politics & Government

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Do you have to be a resident of a city to be selected for jury duty?

Do you have to be a resident of a city to be selected for jury duty?


Or can you be selected if you're a resident of a suburb of the city?





(NOTE: my question is only what I have asked. Do not answer anything about residency/ registration/ etc. If I wanted to know about that too I would have asked.)



Courts are usually administered by COUNTIES, not by cities.


So if you live outside the city, but are still in the same COUNTY,


then you are a resident and can be selected.





And the courts have enough to do.


They don't go outside their jurisdictions to look for people.




Based upon your restrictions you put upon my answer, no. It depends upon WHO is requesting your service.




if you are a registered voter,or a home owner is how they draw your name.




Yes you can. We live in the country and both of us have been called.

No comments:

Post a Comment