Politics & Government

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Please list all the positives of having one

So there is a fairly good chance my license will be suspended for two years due to an unfortunate traffic stop which exposed my severe lack of responsibility when it comes to maintaining things like insurance, valid registration, valid license.. yeeeah.





I hired a lawyer but I don't have much hope. In order to keep myself from getting depressed, I've been coming up with some positives.. here's what I have so far:





1. The fines I'll inevitably have to pay will benefit the state of New Jersey which in turn will benefit the economy, so in a way this will be a positive for humanity. Yay!





2. I'll have to walk a lot more, so I'll probably lose weight! Yay!





3. My car will be used a lot less (my fiance will still drive it though) so less pollution.. I'm saving the environment! Yay!





4. Less money spent on gas! Yay!





5. I'll have to ask people for rides to various places, so this will strengthen my relationships! Yay!








Do you have any more? I think with enough effort I could actually look forward to having my license suspended.



Driving is dangerous, expensive and unhealthy.





1. Ride your bike.


2. Walk where ever you can.


3. Learn to roller blade.


4. Cross country ski if it snows where you live.


(I live in Alaska and many people ski to work...no kiddin'.)


5. Save all the money you would other wise spend - gas, oil changes, insurance, maintenance, repairs.


6. Impulsive spending will be to a minimum - no drive throughs, bags and bags of shopping, no car pic-nics, stops for fast food or convenience store drinks, etc.


7. Adds to your character...instead of telling people you lost your license make it your idea..cuz you want to be "green".


8. You are contributing to your part in cleaning up the environment.


9. Save up the money and take yourself on vacation in 2 years to someplace really sweet.


10. Buck up and accept responsibility...you broke the law and this is what you get. Makes you a better person to do as expected and refrain from driving for the duration. Many people drive on a suspended license breaking the law even further and get tickets for doing the very thing they did to loose their license to begin with which endangers other drivers and pedestrians. Speeding is not a joke. Something bad happens and you can't stop...Blam! Somebuddy is dead or maimed for life. Don't you ever watch Dateline or 20/20? Well, that can't be you now because you have learned your lesson BEFORE its too late and because of stupidity and carelessness something unretractable has NOT happened. How 'bout that for a positive.


11. There are some really interesting people to meet on public transit.


12. It's Spring so you can get in shape before the next Winter weather hits and your are freezing your *** off.




If you have a severe lack of responsibility on the road then having you off the road could save someones life and you going to prison for vehicular manslaughter, something you would have to live with for the rest of your life. I'm sure you didn't want to hear this but it is what it is and you asked for it...




It's very eco friendly!


It great exercise!




im not so sure #5 would strengthen your relationships


playing taxi sometimes can be taxing on people nerves and free time




are you insane nothing positive




people like you probably drive like morons too, so this will save countless lives




I have a valid license but I don't drive.


You should have less insurance, but you already beat that.


You will connect with your fellow man more. I don't know about New Jersey but I'm sure you can imagine a few of you fellow men in the New London area you might not want to connect with better.


Commune with nature more: More wildlife sightings, more double rainbows, more fireball spottings. Of course a great deal of the wildlife is defunct and funky, rainbows accompany rain, and meteors are mostly spotted late at night.


Oh and walking improves regularity.

No comments:

Post a Comment